Fees for Vital records are as follows:
$20.00 for the first copy (of each record)
$3.00 for each additional copy
Vital records (birth, death, marriage and domestic partnerships) are available in our office if that event occurred in Washington County. Residency copies can be obtained from our office if the parents of the child resided in Washington County at the time of the birth. Residency copies of death certificates are also available if the deceased resided in Washington County at the time of death.
1. Come into the office located at: 77 West Park Street, Rm 106, Montello
You can print out and complete an applicaton form (above) and
bring it with you to our office. (identification is required)
2. Complete the application form (above) and mail it to our office
with the appropriate fee.
3. Order online with credit card (see below)
Acceptable forms of payment are Cash or Check made payable to "Register of Deeds"
Any questions pertaining to a specific Birth, Death, Marriage or Declaration of Domestic Partnership record that is on file with our office, please call (608) 297-3026 or send an e-mail to our Vital Records Clerk.
Click below to send an e-mail to our Vital Records Clerk
- The person named on the record.
- The parent of the person named on the record
- The legal custodian or guardian of the person named in the record.
- A member of the immediate family (spouse,child,brother,sister or